Wednesday 29 October 2014

Racing to the Finish!

So this blog didn't exactly turn out how I envisioned. Originally I wanted it to be a place where I discussed First Nations issues. But since I do that every day at work, I think that goal kind of fell by the wayside. The blog did kind of morph into a 101/1001 update page. But I didn't even keep up with that consistently. I guess, maybe, I'm just not meant to be a blog writer. Yet, I do want to finish the goal of "writing in my blog at least once a month for a year." And thankfully that will be accomplished with this post. Hooray!!! LOL I accomplished something.

I probably won't write much more on the Docs & Moccs page. Yet I DO hope to eventually find a blog topic that I can be passionate enough about to keep writing about it. Work and school take up so much of my writing time at the moment, that I don't quite know if that's possible.

However, I did accomplish another goal this month that I want to brag about - I ran a 5k race! This is huge for me because I have so many negative voices in my head telling me I am too much of a failure to do a thing like that…but I did it! So to negativity I say, "SUCK IT!" I did it. And I have the Finisher Medal to prove it. I guess if I can impart anything to any reader of this page it would be to never believe that you can't do something, because you CAN!! xo
WFPS Finisher Medal! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment