Wednesday 30 January 2013

Always learning.

I think I have the best job in the world. Part of what I do is navigate and post to Facebook and Twitter on behalf of the Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre. Through this I've been able to learn so much about First Nations people, #IdleNoMore, Canada's true history and what my relationship to the afore mentioned should be.
It would take me pages and pages to list all that I have learned; so instead, I'm going to post some links to some of the best blogs I have come across that debunk Indian stereotypes.
It's my hope that one day my blog might become as intriguing as these!

apihtawikosisan.com
Some of the most informative and insightful articles: "Canada it's time. We need to fix this in our generation.", "The natives are restless. Wondering why?" and "The stereotype of the drunken Indian." to name a few.
wabkinew.ca
He's smart, funny and shows up everywhere! Presenting awards, giving speeches, sitting down for interviews, spreading the word.
northendmc.wordpress.com
Closer to home, from Winnipeg's North End, I think this young guy is what hope looks like!

So there's my top three. There's a lot more out there! All you need is a bit of time, some curiosity and an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment